Meat and vegetables come together in this recipe that all the grandmothers have prepared for us at some time. The round of veal is a slow cooker dish, thanks to which it absorbs a multitude of flavors that give it a very aromatic aftertaste.
In addition, children will accept to eat vegetables more easily with the 'wrapped children', fried cabbage packages that make the dish fresher. Do not delay in trying this round of veal with 'wrapped children', for a healthy diet.
- 1 fin of veal (2 Kg approx.)
- 100 gr Serrano ham
- 2 carrots
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 head of garlic and bay leaf
- 1 cabbage
- 1l. white wine
- Oil and salt
- Flour, thyme and pepper
1. Fill the fin with the slices of ham, carrot and pepper in strips, season and tie. 2. Flour and fry with a little oil; poach the onions, garlic head, bay leaf, thyme and cloves in this oil.
3. Once everything is sautéed, it is incorporated into the round, 1 liter of wine is added and it is left to cook until it is tender.
4. Let it cool, untie and cut into slices. The sauce is passed through a food mill to make it finer.
5. To make 'wrapped children', we cook the cabbage, carefully remove the leaves, make small rolled packages, floured and fry
6. They are placed in a saucepan, add the round sauce and bring to a boil. They are served accompanying the round fillets.
You can read more articles similar to Round of veal with 'wrapped children', in the category of Meats on site.